Each year St. Vincent’s One
Nineteen's professionals design a day camp
experience for children ages 6 to 12 (and five year olds who have completed a
year of a qualified school program). Camp 119 includes sports,
camp games, and indoor/outdoor activities. In addition to
(weather-permitting) daily swims, campers enjoy weekly themed activities. Those
themes, designed to appeal to varied interests, are linked to special
activities, such as cooking with One Nineteen’s dietitian and visits with
special guests from some of Birmingham’s best education facilities.
St. Vincent’s One Nineteen Children’s Programs – (205) 408-6556
Members - $30/day or $150/week
Non-Members - $40/day or $200/week
There is a $25 non-refundable fee per camper due at registration. This registration includes processing fees, t-shirt, water bottle and confirms your spot in camp. Each camper must complete the registration form and pay the registration fee.
Payment for Camp
- Payment for camp can be made weekly or monthly.
- Monthly auto draft is available for our multi-week campers.
- Daily campers pay on morning of camp. Weekly campers pay on Monday/1st day of service for the week. Payment is accepted through cash, check or credit card.
- Monthly auto-draft declines will be charged a $20 processing fee for each decline incurred.
Registrations and Cancellations
- Camp registration for Summer 2017 begins on March 1, 2017.
- Registration for single days of camp must be made with 48 hours notice to ensure space is available.
- Registrations for full weeks of camp must be made by Friday of the week preceding to ensure space is available.
- Cancellations for single days of camp must be made with 48 hours notice to avoid charge for that day of camp.
- Cancellations for full weeks of camp must be made with 2 weeks notice to avoid charge for that week of camp. Payments made for the full week will only be refunded with 2 weeks notice .
- No refunds will be made for days of camp missed during the paid full week. Example: If a full week has been paid but only 2 days attended, no refund will be provided.
- We will not offer same day registrations for Summer 2017.
Ages for Camp
Camp welcomes children between the ages of 5 and 12 years old. Campers age 5 are eligible for camp if they have completed a full year of Kindergarten between August 2016 and May 2017. Campers who are 13 years old may apply to be part of our Counselor in Training (CIT) Program. Space for CITs is limited and determined through an application and approval process. Please request an application if you are interested in learning more.
Hours of Camp / Pick Up & Drop Off
Drop off for camp is between 7:00 am and 8:00 am. Pick up for camp begins at 4:30 pm and lasts until 5:30 pm. Structured activities begin at 8:30 am. Pick ups after 5:30 pm result in additional fees of $3 per 10 minutes after 5:30 pm. Extended pick up times can be arranged. Please inquire if you need to discuss.
Camp 119 for Summer 2017 will run 10 weeks and have an optional 11th week. Our facility will be closed July 4th. Activities subject to change.
May 29 - June 2 – Sports Around the World
June 5 – June 9 – Color Wars: Rise of the Minions
June 12 – June 16 – Animals Around the World
June 19 - June 23 - Dancing Through the Decades
June 26 – June 30 – Color Wars: Sliding Through the Summer
July 2 – July 7 – Undercover Superheroes (4-day week - $120/Members and $170/Non-members)
July 10 – July 14 – Back to the Future
July 17 – July 21 – Color Wars: The Great Space Race
July 24 – July 28 – At the Movies
July 31 – August 4 – Color Wars: 2017 One Nineteen Olympics
August 7 – August 11 – Camp Rewind (this week held at Supervisor’s discretion)
What to Bring Each Day
- Camp is active each day. Please plan to wear exercise appropriate clothing including shorts, t-shirts and tennis shoes each day. Flip flops, sandals and dress shoes are not allowed.
- We encourage campers to bring a backpack each day including an extra change of clothes – shorts, shirt, socks and shoes.
- Campers must bring their own lunch and two snacks each day. No nut products are allowed at camp.
- Swimming is included in each day of camp. Please bring a swimsuit, towel and wet bag/plastic bag each day.
- Please label each item for easy identification.
What Not to Bring
- Do not bring electronics, games or toys.
- Do not bring any valuables. St. Vincent’s One Nineteen is not responsible for any items lost at Camp.
Camp Employer Identification Number
For Dependent Care Spending Account records, the Tax ID number or Employer Identification Number (EID) for Camp 119 is 63-1217059.
For more information, contact our Children's Programs Department at 408-6556.