As part of our whole-health mission, St Vincent’s One Nineteen is focused on helping individuals pursue healthy lifestyles. Here are some of the additional health and wellness activities available to members:
– Our periodic week-long emphases help members focus on a single health topic. For example, a Heart Healthy Week in February might include free blood pressure checks, a heart-healthy nutrition lecture, heart rate training sessions and more.
– Wellness One Nineteen provides a variety of cooking classes and demonstrations throughout the year. Call 205-408-6550 to learn more.
– Because the St Vincent’s One Nineteen facility is staffed with health and wellness specialists from multiple disciplines, members may attend free seminars presented by some of the area’s most qualified experts.
– St Vincent’s One Nineteen hosts varied incentive programs each year, giving members an opportunity to win prizes for participation and improved fitness. These programs are fun ways to jump start motivation.
– Members may work with one of our highly-trained and experienced professionals in multiple specialty areas, including fitness, sport-specific training, nutrition and wellness.
– More than 80 group classes are held weekly, including cardio, strength training, mind/body, boot camp, water classes and more.
– Health comes in all shapes and sizes. That’s why we have fitness programs specifically designed for every stage and interest – from age (youth to elders) to gender-specific (women, pregnancy) to unique needs (disease management).